cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YY_PDF
Skilled

Can't access WP Backend/Admin

Hi there,

I was updating a few plugins and while the site (yurblog.com - wordpress managed) loads fine, I get a 500 error when trying to access the wordpress backend. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Can't access WP Backend/Admin

Hey there @YY_PDF,

It sounds like you're getting some sort of error with either a plugin or theme conflict or it could be the WP core files themselves. Can you turn on debugging and let us know if it gives you an error of any kind when you try to access the wp-admin?

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

YY_PDF
Skilled

Thank you for the response, @MrVapor Joe.

I can't get past step 1 (Edit the wp-config.php for your website) because whilst doing via Managed WP, nothing happens at Step 3 in this guide: 

3) For the website you want to use, click the three-dot icon and select Settings.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/upload-files-with-sftp-8940

Nothing happens when I select settings. 

Hmm, that's strange.

So, when you log into your Managed WordPress Dashboard (on the GoDaddy side, not the WP dashboard in the site itself) There should be some settings on the right hand side. About halfway down that list is the SFTP settings. Those are the settings you'd use to sFTP into your hosting files.

I would recommend using the IP address instead of the domain name as the Hostname if you have issues. 

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *