cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't login to wordpress admin

I can no longer login to my wordpress admin page. On Firefox and Chrome I get a blank white page. On Safari I get the login box but when entering my login it tells me it's incorrect and that the site is not secure. I am entering the correct login by the way. I get the "not secure" info on the other two browsers also. I suspect it might have to do with my GD hosting and that I activated the new Gutenberg interface on WP. That's the only change I've made.

I appreciate any help and suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't login to wordpress admin

I've also found out I can't log in through my GD account. I get a blank page there also.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Yodelman. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that there is a conflict with your theme and the Gutenberg plugin. When you just get a white screen for an area of your site, it's sometimes called the "white screen of death" or WSOD. We have a help article explaining how you can troubleshoot this. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Solution

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. What I did was restore an older version from the backup and that solved the problem.