cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

Cant send mail with SMTP settings.

I use Godaddy's managed wordpress hosting and I've tried setting up SMTP mailing (with outlook 365) through a few different plugins but I get the same results:

2017-04-26 17:23:45 Connection: Failed to connect to server.

Error number 2. "Error notice: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to smtp.office365.com:587 (Connection refused)

2017-04-26 17:23:45 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111)

2017-04-26 17:23:45 SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

The DNS settings are all good, and I spoke to a support agent and they were unsure what was going on as well. I set up SMTP on Mozzilla Thunderbird with no problems. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cant send mail with SMTP settings.

Hi @Jebbyo, thanks for posting.

You are not able to send email through your Office 365 account from your Managed WordPress plan. Any email sent from our hosting services must be sent through the email servers for those plans. Generally using PHP Mail() will be configured to properly send email. No additional settings or configurations would be required.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Re: Cant send mail with SMTP settings.

All of my sites are now unavailable to send emails.  I have been using postman but sometime over the last few days this stopped working on all of my sites.  Any ideas what changed?