cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Confused about where I can install WordPress

I have the Deluxe Web Hosting Package with Linux CPanel. I was reading the terms and agreements and I am a bit confused about the Wordpress install. It says that I cannot use a non wordpress page on Wordpress hosting account.

I understand that I am not using a Wordpress hosting platform but a web hosting one, but is it ok to install wordpress on a subdomain of my main website on the regular web hosting deluxe plan?

I don't want to use wordpress as my main site as I like to code my own pages, but wordpress is nice for my forums and what not.

I am only asking because I don't want to violate any rules and get shut down as I am fairly new to this.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Confused about where I can install WordPress

@Kingslothicles 

On the cPanel accounts you can do WordPress, Joomla, HTML and other sites - GoDaddy has a WordPress platform and there you can only use it for WordPress - these are 2 different products.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Advocate VII Advocate VII
Advocate VII

Re: Confused about where I can install WordPress

Hi @Kingslothicles ,

You certainly won't get shut down for what you are doing.  Technically, you can do what you are asking.  It is not particularly simple if you have not run WP on a subdomain or subfolder.  Please do your homework!

Also, be very careful on server resources on this platform.  When one starts adding advanced functionality to these servers, demands and configs need attention.  I use the Business cPanel if I find the hosting resources are not sufficient.  I really like the business cPanel.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites