cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Contact form not working in Wordpress or Stand-alone - is there a setting I am missing

I have Wordpress site and have tried four different contact form plugins and they work only when it is not using my domain name email address - (name)@springspaintingco.com. It works when I use anything else not connected to my domain. My domain email is connected to Gsuite.

I also tried using a stand-alone contact form outside of Wordpress, but it does not work using any email address sending out.

I had someone put that stand-alone contact form on their website and server (not godaddy), and it worked.

MY QUESTION(s) are:

1) Why are the plugins not working with my domain email address? Is it because of the Gsuite connectivity to a godaddy hosted domain?

2) I have gone through the wordpress settings for hours and cannot find anything that would block the plugins from sending me the email after the form is filled out.

3) why is the stand-alone not working on my site outside of wordpress on godaddy?

4) is there some setting in my godaddy hosted website control panel that I need to turn on or off to make the php email file to work?

Trying to make a contact form work, either way.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Contact form not working in Wordpress or Stand-alone - is there a setting I am missing

Hi @SpringsPainting. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! One thing that could be causing a problem is the lack of an SPF record for your domain. SPF records specify what email serves are allowed to send email for your domain. I have seen that be an issue with Google specifically. You'll want to check their documentation on how to add SPF records. You'll need to make sure that the domain can send from Google but also from secureserver.net. 

Also, one thing that can help is to add an SMTP plugin in WordPress and make sure the account is sending mail via relay-hosting.secureserver.net. This is the only mail service you can use to send messages out of a website hosted on our servers. The server does not require authentication and sends using port 25. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Re: Contact form not working in Wordpress or Stand-alone - is there a setting I am missing

Hi Jesse,

I'm having "almost" the same issue. I've created a site using rapidweaver8. I added a stack from Doobox, HTML contact form. The stack is supposed to send the form my site (rommysandhu.com) (hosted on godaddy) to my aol.com e-mail. I went into the DNS manager and added a SPF record, pictured below. When that didn't work, I disabled the contact page and used the RW8 built contact form. Same e-mail pointing as before, still nothing comes thru - even though the live site says mail sent.

question 1) How do I find/see where the hang up is and if the emails are sitting somewhere?

question 2) Ultimately, how do I resolve this? 

Thanks in advance,

Rommy

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 9.49.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-11 at 9.48.46 AM.png