cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Contact form update not working

If anyone can help please...

Downloading installation package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/contact-form-7.5.1.6.zip…

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /var/www/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/

Plugin installation failed.

TGMPA v2.6.1
Return to Required Plugins Installer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@sweeney 

My suggestion is using a file manager plugin (or the file manager in cPanel or the GoDaddy Hosting Dashboard) go and delete the contact form 7 folder in wp-content/plugins and then reinstall it - as you are not touching the database and not removing it from within WordPress you content will not be touched.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@sweeney 

My suggestion is using a file manager plugin (or the file manager in cPanel or the GoDaddy Hosting Dashboard) go and delete the contact form 7 folder in wp-content/plugins and then reinstall it - as you are not touching the database and not removing it from within WordPress you content will not be touched.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thank you, I will try this! 🙏