cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cron scheduling

Is it possible to schedule cron tasks using a managed wordpress site? I'm seeing conflicting info. I want to use a importer to update stock once a day, pretty standard stuff but not sure how to do it under the managed WP platform.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Cron scheduling

Hello @trueseed

Tools like Cron jobs are not available under Managed WordPress hosting accounts.

You can see all limitations here https://uk.godaddy.com/help/what-is-managed-wordpress-8926

I have a few WP sites and I recommend that you use a Linux Hosting plan from here https://uk.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting

Please keep in mind that I'm not a GoDaddy employee, I'm just a customer like you.

Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
Highlighted

Thanks very much. That's certainly something I'll have to do, manuals updating stock will no doubt get very tedious! Surprised there isn't a solution.

Have you ever transfered a site over from managed WP to a Linux server? Anything I should be aware if before I start? Assume I can keep my site and database intact?
Highlighted
Helper VI
Helper VI

@trueseed

Nope, never, because I've never use that hosting due to it's limitations.

I like to be in control, and I like to know that if something goes wrong it will be my fault 🙂

To transfer your site should be as easy as "point and shoot" if you are using a migration plugin.

Just take a look at the tutorial.

Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
Highlighted

Thanks again @Adrian8, all a learning process eh.
Highlighted
Helper VI
Helper VI

You're welcome @trueseed

Please don't forget to mark the topic as solved.

🙂