cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Does Godaddy Provide Free WordPress Migration ?

Hi ,
I have a wordpress website with the following address https://propassiveincome.com that's hosted in a local web hosting company , and I'm planning to migrate it to Godaddy .
My question is can I get My website transfered by the Customer Services team at Godaddy for Free ?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Does Godaddy Provide Free WordPress Migration ?

@MohammedMkh 

GoDaddy as an automated migration script which you can select when setting up a new managed wordpress site. I have personally had this be successful and also had it fail - depending on the size of the site / plugins / configuration. 

If you are just using a cPanel server vs the Managed WordPress platform, than you will have to migrate it on your own - or paying someone to move it for you.

I often recommend All-In-One Migration Plugin

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hey @MohammedMkh. Thanks for posting. As @PL281 mentioned, we have an automatic migration as part of our Managed WordPress plans. However, if you're considering cPanel, you can try using the migration built into Installatron. That is the platform within cPanel for automatic application installs. There is usually an option to import a site when you use that service. This article explains how to do it. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@MohammedMkh 

GoDaddy as an automated migration script which you can select when setting up a new managed wordpress site. I have personally had this be successful and also had it fail - depending on the size of the site / plugins / configuration. 

If you are just using a cPanel server vs the Managed WordPress platform, than you will have to migrate it on your own - or paying someone to move it for you.

I often recommend All-In-One Migration Plugin

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hey @MohammedMkh. Thanks for posting. As @PL281 mentioned, we have an automatic migration as part of our Managed WordPress plans. However, if you're considering cPanel, you can try using the migration built into Installatron. That is the platform within cPanel for automatic application installs. There is usually an option to import a site when you use that service. This article explains how to do it. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.