cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain in use - WordPress installation error

I am a new GoDaddy customer and have just bought a domain and the managed WordPress product.

In the Domain Manager section it takes me through to install WordPress but it comes up with an error saying that my domain is in use. 

It prompts me to retry installation but no success so far. How can I complete the installation?

Many thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Domain in use - WordPress installation error

Hi @Natalie1. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community. 

That message would usually mean that the domain you want to use is already set up on another hosting account. You would need to remove the domain from the account it's on before you can set up your Managed WordPress account with it. If you need help with that, I'd suggest getting in touch with our support team so they can walk you through the steps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I removed the host the domain was attached to around 3 hours ago and the same error message is appearing. I was advised by the customer service rep on the phone earlier that it should only take an hour for the domain to become used again but this is not the case. Was really hoping to have my website running by this evening as I intend to publish tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Sufia