cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Dont go NEAR Wordpress from Go Daddy!!!

Have 3 accounts with Go Daddy, experience (especially customer service) has always been very good. Until Now! Go Daddy Rep said I would be better to use Wordpress for my new site due to extra functionality I needed. Ran upon on a stumbling block with Wordpress and can get, ZERO customer support from them, Same with WOO Commerce that came with Wordpress. Utterly useless!

Go Daddy support now saying they cant support Wordpress (although Go Daddy recommended and Sold Me Wordpress in the first place) and cannot get back through to Go Daddy advisors (keep getting cut-off)  I have been really fair with GO Daddy and explained frustrations and given them opportunities to help, but nothing. Almost 1am here and too tired to act further tonight, but will start TWEETING (Twitter) like a bird in the morning, and pass this on to all my social media contacts, which without meaning to 'tweet' my own horn, are extensive.  STEER CLEAR OF WORDPRESS, unless you really enjoy spending HOURS trying to get help with a simple problem!

11 REPLIES 11
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Dont go NEAR Wordpress from Go Daddy!!!

Hello @RickP

I agree, it's not correct to sell you a product and not to give you any support for it, in this case WordPress.

I got burned once when I used the "one click install" and since then I do only "manual installs".

I disagree with the "steer clear of WordPress" attitude, because it may have some problems but you can find solutions on-line to any type of problem you have with WP, at least I did until today Smiley Happy

With that in mind, tell us your problem, maybe we can find a solution for it (me or someone more smarter / experienced).

Good luck Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

I use GoDaddy managed Wordpress accounts and have also complained about their inability to support it. But one of the support people suggested that I consider a paid theme and I went that route for my latest blog. I signed up for elegant themes, found a theme that worked much better than any of the free ones I could have through GoDaddy. And then I got the support I needed, when I needed it.

I have no affiliation with elegant themes, am just a user.

Good luck with it.

Go Daddy is down for millions of customers, we get no answers, We haven't been able to access our sites for 3 days now.. They don't seem to care!!!! Al • 7 hours ago

Managed Wordpress has been logging me out every few seconds since Tuesday. long wait time for support.

Share ›

Holly -- Thought & Sight Al • 2 hours ago

Same for me, plus randomly not saving changes in posts and elsewhere since last night. I've published a post twice today, only to have it revert to draft, along with a bunch of other changes that aren't "sticking." So **bleep**ty.

Share ›

Mohamed Yousef Al • 6 hours ago

same here, can't even get to my dashboard, this is really unacceptable
what's worse is that customers can't even checkout and complete orders!!
Go daddy has been on the down slide since December every day they get even worse!!
VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Share ›

Aaron Ratkovich • 7 hours ago

Our website has been down for days? www.pgsgoldandcoin.com What is gong on?

Share ›

Shawn Black • 7 hours ago

Over the last couple days database, php, general hosting issues. seems to be in mornings then clears up. customers are very frustrated!

Share ›

Aidan • 11 hours ago

Hi Godaddy, my website is down and I can't login to the CPanel via Godaddy website... What the hell is going on?

Share ›

Vijay Sali • 14 hours ago

Dear Daddy, please fix hosting problems. I can't even login to my own website. too slow.

Share ›

Lisa Libutti Vijay Sali • 9 hours ago

I had them fix two sites of mine yesterday. There seems to be an issue with their Caching feature, and they turned off a few things in the backend that we don't have access to.

Share ›

RSA Vijay Sali • 11 hours ago

Likewise!

Share ›

Unspin • 19 hours ago

Nice! Here's a company that will zap your site the second it expires, and yet can be down with no explanation, no email access for hours, but will up sell the shut out you on a dime!!

F

Share ›

Debra Cochran • a day ago

Trying to log into my Cpanel to work on my wordpress site, but keeps telling me to log in because IP address changed.. what does that mean?

Share ›

Lisa Libutti • a day ago

The issues with Managed WordPress have been going on since December 2016. Today I can barely get to my client site or login. No styles showing...clearly servers are failing again. Calling hosting support just tries to push me to "upgrade" my package to their new business program. WPengine.com might be the way to go now. This is very unfortunate.

Share ›

Mark Zimmerman Lisa Libutti • 21 hours ago

Agreed!

Share ›

Ed Evans • 2 days ago

"400 Bad request" at various links on the site

Share ›

Mark Zimmerman • 2 days ago

The most frustrating thing is they are not giving us any good indication as to when it will be fixed!

Share ›

Iris • 2 days ago

Cannot access my managed Wordpress site and my site is completely down. Wait time for customer service is over 60 minutes.

Share ›

Paul Bordeaux • 2 days ago

MySql Server is down on secure174.servconfig.com. Glad I'm doing a migration away from Godaddy today

Share ›

Reza • 2 days ago

Managed Wordpress has been logging me out every few seconds since Friday. Customer support told me this was a maintenance issue that would be fixed in a few hours. It has been several days now and I still can't upload new content to my website.

Share ›

Mark Zimmerman • 2 days ago

Managed Wordpress has been sketchy since Friday. 45 minutes on hold yesterday with support, then started working. Today my site is still down sporadically. On hold with tech support again today for another 45 minutes. These tech support wait times are ridiculous, and service is going downhill fast. And when you finally reach them they seem unaware that there's any problem. Hmm.... So why over 250 reports here?

Share ›

Nanders • 2 days ago

Cannot access the GoDaddy Managed Wordpress deashboard. I've been trying for over an hour.

Share ›

Paul Folmsbee • 2 days ago

I guess it's like my car. It's never left me stranded, but I still have to take it off the road occasionally for maintenance. [Grin]

Share ›

Allegra Sleep • 2 days ago

I cannot access managed wordpress hosting via godaddy this AM. Was ok last night, not today.

Share ›

Heather Lopez • 2 days ago

No access to email. Their status monitor says all systems are running. Yet, it says unable to access your account, please call support. I've been on hold for over 20 minutes so far. My email account is paid for through May, so it is not a billing issue. I was just using the emails less than an hour ago.

Share ›

M Al Bastaki Heather Lopez • a day ago

the same issue email is not working, when you call support number it tell you estimated wait time is 5 minutes and I had to wait for over 35 minutes till a stupid lady answered and the only thing she knows " clear browsing history and restart browser, try another browser" !! really !! we re in 2017 and you guys still think we are dums! I thought I am hosting my business with a reputed and robust provider but its totally rubbish.

Share ›

Sara • 2 days ago

email isn't working when I call the number it is a busy signal. Anyone else getting a busy signal

Share ›

Boston2015 • 2 days ago

Can't log in - can't launch email through GoDaddy site either.

Share ›

Debbie Estes-Beilfuss • 2 days ago

I can't sign into my email account, first time in several months.

Share ›

Andrei • 2 days ago

Can't log in into mail, support doesn't pick up the phone

Share ›

Mitch Lichterman • 2 days ago

i can't access email. I tried calling them this morning and their phone is ringing busy. I tried going to the website and can't log in. i get an error message that DNS server cannot be found.

Helper II

Likely you can ask questions at WordPress.org + find some support.

Many of the problems you mention seem to possibly relate to the WordPress code you're running (theme/plugins) which can vary in quality.

You may be served to go with some sort of Managed WordPress hosting.

Many of the client sites I host generate many oddball interactions between themes + plugins which require a WordPress Savant/Expert to understand + fix.

This type of work exceeds GoDaddy tech staff competence, in many cases. Rarely will you find a WordPress expert there.

Also, all the problems you report appear easily fixed at the command line + even so might take a considerable amount of time + expertise for someone to fix.

My suggestion... Be patient + only work on one item/ticket. Once one item is fixed, then open a ticket for the next item.

Dear @Adrian8

I am currently seeking assistance as it relates to Wordpress from Go Daddy ! I have researched until I am  blue in the face !! I'm sure my questions may seem simple to some , but I tell you I AM STUMPED !! 

-Why is my recently purchased wordpress (product) expiring? I just got it !!

-I am unable to install "storefront" as it is required by my theme. I have tired it on two work computers, a laptop & an Ipad .

-I am unable to switch out my products for the "place holder" products of Woo Commerce. 

I started this process in April . All of the assurances that this would be fairly simple are rapidly becoming my worst nightmare . 

Your assistance or just a point in the right direction would be WONDERFUL & greatly appreciated . 

~Bernida

Helper VI
Helper VI

Hello @mskimble9406

Regarding this:

-Why is my recently purchased wordpress (product) expiring? I just got it !!

You did not buy Wordpress, it is free.

Tell us exactly the name of the product purchased in order to try to help you.

If you are referring to a Managed Wordpress plan from GoDaddy, then you must know that there are some limitations on that product, and that could be one of the reason why you can't install Storefront.

Regarding that subject, what error do you get when you try to install Storefront ?

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Thank you for responding ! I really do appreciate it. I was initally NOT aware that there were limitations to  word press in terms of the specifi theme. I am trying to grasp this in a  short amount of time. I do however realize these facts now . The error that i continue to get is below. Any futher help would be greatly appreciated. 

~Bernida

Installing Theme: Storefront 2.3.3

Thank you for activating Di Blog Theme. 

Downloading installation package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/theme/storefront.2.3.3.zip

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home/content/html/wp-content/themes/storefront/

Theme installation failed.

Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

Hello @mskimble9406

The error is self explanatory: "Destination folder already exists" - you need to delete the folder "storefront" from ../wp-content/themes/storefront/

Also as a suggestion you need to edit your previous post and hide anything that is written between /home/content/..  and  ../html/wp-content/themes/storefront/

Good luck to you

Thanks

Adrian8,

I realize that you are a trusted  pro advisor sir, but I am not. That is why I asked for help . It was not self explanatory to me ; I do apologize.  You have suggested that I edit & hide some info on one of my posts, but I do not see where that is an option. The green option arrow does not work . I even got on chat & asked for their assistance .

Please advise !

~Bernida

Helper VI
Helper VI

Try this:

https://imgur.com/a/Z2Tr2z8

Good luck.

L.E.

Why do you say " The green option arrow does not work" ?!?

I have just use it! Twice!