cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit previous_post_link and get_post_link parameter value

Mine is a managed wordpress website. I want to update parameter value

$in_same_term = false to true

in both previous_post_link and get_post_link functions. But these functions are located in wp-includes/link-template.php which is read-only.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Edit previous_post_link and get_post_link parameter value

Hey there,

You cannot update this file due to the way Managed WordPress handles it's file permission. The wp-admin & wp-includes folders are locked down as a safety measure on that platform and cannot be changed.

If you need to make this kind of code update, you'll need to be on a standard Linux or Windows hosting platform.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Will Godaddy tech support be able to do with my request. I really need to change this or completely take out the links to next/prev posts. What are my options here?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @trailofbliss. The files in question are not editable as a security feature. As such, our support teams won't change them for you. Sorry Man Sad

If you need the ability to be able to make these changes, then you'd need to move your WordPress instance to another hosting plan, as @MrVapor mentioned. If you move to a cPanel account, you can sometimes use the migration feature that's provided within Installatron. For more information on that, please see the Installatron documentation here

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.