cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Error Messages with customization of my site using WordPress

Forgive me in advance, I am very new to the Wordpress world.  My site was running fine until about 6 weeks ago.  I either updated a plug-in or a plug-in was no longer available because now my site has little bugs throughout and I don't have a clue how to fix it.  The bigger problem is I tried on my own and probably messed it up even more. 

Long story short, the website was created by a third party with a custom theme.  We had a falling out with them and I took over as the admin assistant making little changes here or there. I had always had control of the homepage content and structure until about 6 weeks ago.  The main error is:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/content/a2pewpnaspod04_data04/63/41693163/html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

We are also missing some forms that were implemented throughout the site, connected to buttons, if that makes sense.  I tried sourcing this out to a WP professional on the GoDaddy GoGetter but was unable to pull up the messaging feature.  If someone could just point me in the right direction....

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Error Messages

Hey there @Schocker24,

Unfortunately, it looks as if the customization itself is causing the issue. The only way you'll be able to get custom support is to go back to the original theme maker or hire a dev who will then have to figure out the customized coding before they can fix anything. (That's going to cost a lot of money.)

My advice is to do some research on a good, premium theme that will work for you and doing a makeover of the website. Otherwise, you'll probably continue to face issues like this on the regular.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community