cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error establishing a database connection

Hi there! I bought tresacmilica.com domain and hosting with that domain. Everything worked fine, but i have this problem now:

When i go to tresacmilica.com, i got this message: "Error establishing a database connection"

When i go to tresacmilica.com/wp-admin, i got this message:

Can’t select database
We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the **** database.

Are you sure it exists?
Does the user **** have permission to use the **** database?
On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_****. Could that be the problem?

Is this something related to your servers or i need to seek help elsewhere?

2 REPLIES 2
Helper I

Re: Error establishing a database connection

Hi @Nemanja

I hope your doing well

Actually this error is often caused when database details are invalid in your wp-config.php file.

I would request you to please check the following stuffs and when you do everything correct, the site will work like a charm again Smiley Happy

1. Please check the name of your database which you have created with the one in wp-config file.

2. Is user created and assigned to database with all the privileges? if yes, check the username  in the same wp-config file

3. Please check the password of the database username, you can re-edit the password and apply the same too.

4. Once this all changes are done properly, your site will work like a charm.

Thanks,

Sagar

Re: Error establishing a database connection

Hi again. I tried to login to cpanel but there is something strange. I don't have a hosting plan. I opened my account settings-order history and i don't even have my receipt. There is nothing in "my products". I bought economy linux hosting with cpanel(€12.00) and tresacmilica.com domain(€0.14) on August 17th 2016. Term was 1 year. I can post here my order number and my customer number if it will help you.