cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with demo theme installing

Hello,

So I'm trying to setup wordpress and I get to step 4 which is to install a theme. So I pick one that looks decent and it says to wait and it'll refresh in 30 seconds. After a minute it times out and gives me this  error:

[Tue Nov 01 21:00:05.429649 2016] [fcgid:warn] [pid 347820:tid 140489607038720] [client 98.253.58.54:53862] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=419485 in /home/sexydayclothing/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1870, referer: http://www.sexydayclothing.com/wp-admin/?page=wpem&step=theme

However when I go to the website without logging into the admin panel the template is installed. When I go to log into wordpress to edit things it still says i'm on step 4 and repeats the problem.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Error with demo theme installing

Hey @BrianatSDC,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

I'm assuming you're using cPanel hosting since you mentioned installing this for the first time? If you're still encountering this error, I'd check the error logs to see if there's any more details that might point to the cause of the error message being generated.

Perhaps if you share some other details; such as the specific theme you're trying to install, another member who's encountered this error with the theme in question could shed some light on how you can better resolve this?  

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Error with demo theme installing

Hey @BrianatSDC,

I just realized there was a similar discussion previously started on Wordpress Initial Setup - Stuck On Theme Chooser. By any chance did your error message also include a "Fatal error:" similar to the one mentioned in this discussion. I know you mentioned it timed out, so likely the suggestion here might help out. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support