cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Errors in header/footer on WordPress site

I'm getting errors in my WordPress site. They also show up when logged in to manage the site as admin. My site loads and appears to function, but the errors are on every page in the background.

GoDaddy support was not helpful.  I've searched for solutions, but I'm still not sure what to do. Most of them say to try creating folders or files that I don't have access to do. These errors did not exist initially, so something must have changed on the GoDaddy site.

Here are the errors.

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/content/99/12521299/tmp/sess_igvkav5j20e8olq5qipj7okoa0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Re: Errors in header/footer on WordPress site

Hello there cdcampbell the errors you are showing indicate that there may be an issue with the path to the /tmp folder or it could be related to permission...or it could not exist at all. 

In order to resolve the issue you will want to ensure that the /tmp folder exist with the proper permissions and that your code is referencing it properly.

If you call into our HOSTING support we should be able to further diagnose and help resolve the issue. 

Explain to them using my description of the problem and it should be clear. 

Have a nice day! 

Mike L. | WebPro

Re: Errors in header/footer on WordPress site

Thank you! I called the help line and they were finally able to get the error cleared. This was my second time calling, and they were finally able to figure out that the problem was indeed in the hosting system and not related to my site or files.