cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

File Not Found - If you think what you're looking for should be here, please contact the site owner.

Hello everyone,

I have been getting this error when trying to access a category/directory through my wordpress-integrated website, ilikestocks.com. Could someone help me identify what this may be caused by? In the past I recall creating an A Track and also creating a subdomain, but I have deleted the existing subdomain two weeks ago. Any advice? Here is the example as you can see, it is giving an error: http://ilikestocks.com/category/binary-options

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: File Not Found - If you think what you're looking for should be here, please contact the site ow

Hmmm....

None of your categories are working.  Did you change your Permalinks recently to exclude "category" or remove the category base?  I would check your settings in Appearance > Permalinks.

If all looks well there, try just resaving your Permalinks.  Sometimes that will clear things up after you've made some changes.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution

Re: File Not Found - If you think what you're looking for should be here, please contact the site ow

Hi @Muse,

thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it is still not working. My permalinks were never modified to my knowledge. I have attempted to reset all of my DNS Zone Files and resave permalinks but to no avail.

EDIT: FIXED! I deleted the htaccess within my category folder in Godaddy.

Now I need to fix this charset issue with the black question mark in the top left of the screen.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User I
Solution

Hmmm....

None of your categories are working.  Did you change your Permalinks recently to exclude "category" or remove the category base?  I would check your settings in Appearance > Permalinks.

If all looks well there, try just resaving your Permalinks.  Sometimes that will clear things up after you've made some changes.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

Highlighted
Solution

Hi @Muse,

thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it is still not working. My permalinks were never modified to my knowledge. I have attempted to reset all of my DNS Zone Files and resave permalinks but to no avail.

Now I need to fix this charset issue with the black question mark in the top left of the screen.

Highlighted
Super User I

Glad you figured it out!  Learn something new every day, right?  Smiley Wink

Judith

Highlighted

I getting same error like this. @tanner314 where i can find .htaccess file

@tanner314 wrote:

Hi @Muse,