cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Fishy redirection when clicked from google.

I been having this issue and can't find reason why. If you go google "the reality we live in" and click the first link (www.therealitywelivein.com) and fishy redirect opens ... I  can't find the source for this redirect... this only happens when clicked from search.

help anyone?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Fishy redirection when clicked from google.

If you are using .NET or asp look for the following files in the root directory

enuwsgoa.php
circumscribe-crustaceans.php
web.config

Just renaming the web.config file solved it for me.

New

Yes! Just started happening a couple of weeks ago, didn't used to. When googling my site - 'full swing golf stl', it redirects to some online pharmacy site instead if 'fullswinggolfstl.com/'. Should I change some settings on GoDaddy or WordPress?

New

I cant really find these files =/

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @trwli@Bob454. Sorry to hear you're having this difficulty. Most of the time when I've seen this, it is a redirect embedded in one of your files. If Linux, then often this is in an .htaccess file. I'd recommend having your site cleaned, as it's a good sign that the site has been compromised in some way. There is a lot of information about this online if you'd like to do this yourself. Otherwise, you may want to look into a professional service. We do offer such a service as well, For more information, please see this page

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.