cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

GoDaddy staging to production (New web design)

Hello guys!

I have a silly question here:

Now, if I need to do a staging website for a website hosted on GoDaddy, but the staging purpose is to totally design a new website layout using even a different WordPress theme; what procedures do I need to perform when I am done designing a totally new design on Staging environment?

Should I once done with the new web design in Staging, go to Production, erase the whole existing WordPress theme and then push staging to production? Or what is the safest way to do so?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: GoDaddy staging to production (New web design)

@Kjerif 

Whatever you push from staging to production should overwrite the live site with the new content, theme and all. If it doesn't, then something's wrong and you should give support a call for help. Other than that, just make sure you have a backup of the old site just in case things go bad. 

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Kjerif 

I am assuming you using the Managed WordPress product which includes a staging server. In general you can use the Hosting tools to Push Staging to Production - I suggest you get a backup of both sites just to be safe as well.

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites

Hi Kjerif, 

Yes you can play with that freely there is no issue, you can make your staging website on new domain or you can create subdomain (Test domain), Be sure you checked the option in settings>reading> discourage search engines from indexing this site on Dev site to prevent duplicate content issue. be sure to uncheck once you move the domain to live or main domain.