cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Got an email from wordpress telling me to update to 4.7.2

Of course only GoDaddy can update it.  Is this being rolled out soon?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: Got an email from wordpress telling me to update to 4.7.2

@ClintBeastwood wrote:

Of course only GoDaddy can update it.  Is this being rolled out soon?

@ClintBeastwood Have you tried logging into your WP control panel? Typically you can update the site this way, at the top you'll be notified of an update.

----

Highlighted

Be patient, the managed WP sites are getting their updates rolled out from GoDaddy overnight and through the day. A few of mine are now updated, with a few to go.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

It's messy and silly to say the least that GoDaddy has taken Wordpress and tried to modify it with a centralized control system preventing customers updating their own sites. I host my own wordpress servers and all my sites update by themselves within minutes of a new version being pushed out and sites never get broken by updates which appears to be commonplace here on this community. Why do people like GoDaddy take a system like wordpress and fiddle with it when it works perfectly fine just by itself?

Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

@mitchellk wrote:

It's messy and silly to say the least that GoDaddy has taken Wordpress and tried to modify it with a centralized control system preventing customers updating their own sites. I host my own wordpress servers and all my sites update by themselves within minutes of a new version being pushed out and sites never get broken by updates which appears to be commonplace here on this community. Why do people like GoDaddy take a system like wordpress and fiddle with it when it works perfectly fine just by itself?

@mitchellk this is why I just install my own copy of wordpress on my sites. You just need to login through FTP

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Yes indeed that's the best way to do it but a lot of new users do not understand FTP, least of all wordpress and rely completely on a GoDaddy controlled version of Wordpress to help them along.