cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sell2Sail
Novice

Have a temporary domain name cannot add a domain name that was transfered to me

I created a site and Go Daddy assigned it a temporary name. I have a domain that was transferred to me back in October, www.pirateparking.com . When I try to add this name to replace the temporary one I get a error, "Domain Domain pirateparking.com is in use" . The name was transferred to me from another Go Daddy account and shows in my domains with " just sitting there, put it to use" ? How can I get it into a state where it can be added to site I have built with the temporary name? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Have a temporary domain name cannot add a domain name that was transfered to me

Hi @Sell2Sail. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

This likely means that the domain is still set up on hosting in the account it was moved from. If you still have a relationship with the person you got the domain from, you can ask them to remove it from their hosting account and then you should be able to use it within 24 hours. If you don't have contact with the other account owner, then please reach out to our support team and they can help you start the process to get the domain removed. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.