cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Having Issue on Velux Theme

I've been trying to replicate it like my wordpress site as i cant transfer there to here.

https://smarttradehubsolutions.wordpress.com

3 things i would like to solve,

1) Can i change the drop down menu at mobile version to the middle, even at the desktop view i would like to put it at the middle.

2) When the column state i put it as full width, the page will overexert its margin at shown outside example like this, how can i solve this issue.

http://3k5.5ed.myftpupload.com/services-we-provide/

3) can i know how to see the source code, i notice each theme solving method is different, if i could know some basic maybe i can save everyone time and start help others too.

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Having Issue on Velux Theme

@Leon03123 

I guess I'm confused - it looks like you are using Varia on your wordpress.com site where as now you are trying to use Velux?? you should be able to use the exact same theme on both

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Sorry, thats the one i wanted to make as, 

my current web is this.

http://3k5.5ed.myftpupload.com

Super User III
Super User III

@Leon03123 

Assuming you have a level of wordpress.com that allows plugins, I suggest installing updraft backup and then download different components and copy them over to the ManagedWordpress site where you can then restore them and you should have your site copied over

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thanks for the tip, i just change the team u suggested, but could you teach me how to read and edit some code so i can change it in the near future?

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Leon03123 

Editing WordPress themes is not an "introductory" item. A couple things I will mention

1) You should create a child theme (there are a couple plugins to help with this) if you are going to be modifying the HTML / PHP of theme as this way when there is an update to the theme you don't loose your changes

2) If you don't already know HTML / PHP / CSS I suggest looking at w3schools.com 

Highlighted

Thank you for your advise, would read up there. However can u help me to have a quick look on this.

http://3k5.5ed.myftpupload.com/services-we-provide

how can i set a margin so the photos are all align correctly and the paragraph phrased on the same line. I see at the editor where theres ntg wrong, but when im previewing it, the things go haywire

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Leon03123 

This is a tough one -What I would do is right mouse click and select inspect element - then format your pictures offline to all be the same size

You may have to adjust your first title to get it to 2 lines instead of 3

Works like a charm thx.