cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy - Logo Size

Hi

I'm using the Ascension theme by GoDaddy for a site I am building (www.watersidewarriors.co.uk). its being hosted by GoDaddy. Using version 1.1.0 of the theme.

I would like to increase the size of the logo at the top left of each page and maybe even move it so that it is centred over the HEADING.

Any one know how to do that?

Thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy - Logo Size

@MarkGalvin

You could start by modifying the following in your style.css, lines 3411 - 3418...

.site-header .custom-logo {
    max-height: 62px;
}
    max-height: 52px;
}
    width: auto;
    max-height: 40px;

You would place the modified code in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.   You do not want to change the actual CSS file unless you are using a child theme.  Otherwise, when your theme updates, any CSS file changes will be overwritten.  

Centering will be more difficult as your navigation menu is next to that real estate.   So while tweaking the CSS may allow more height and width, centering may only be possible in that half of the "site-header" class.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@MarkGalvin

You could start by modifying the following in your style.css, lines 3411 - 3418...

max-height: 62px;
}
    max-height: 52px;
}
    width: auto;
    max-height: 40px;

You would place the modified code in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.   You do not want to change the actual CSS file unless you are using a child theme.  Otherwise, when your theme updates, any CSS file changes will be overwritten.  

Centering will be more difficult as your navigation menu is next to that real estate.   So while tweaking the CSS may allow more height and width, centering may only be possible in that half of the "site-header" class.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@Muse I read your reply/solution, but am unclear how to implement it.  

I do not have any experience modifying the CSS.  When I select "Additional CSS" I get a warning and an empty box.  How am I supposed to substitute the provided code for the sections referenced in your post?

My end goal is to make the logo in the upper left about 3 or four times larger.  Any help would be appreciated.

You can see the page here:  https://massageadvocacyblueprint.com/

- Tony