cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy

I am using Ascension template and when viewed on iOS format there is a site description and tagline in a narrow column attached to the menu icon, only on the homepage. When you click on the menu, the text column tilts with it. I changed from static to rolling blog home page and there is still an issue. On the desktop view there is no problem. On the ‘customize’ preview for iOS phone there is no problem. On iOS for iPad there is no problem, just on the phone iOS.

Not sure if it is related but I recently changed to Ascension template from Twenty Seventeen because there was also a homepage only problem, The site identity was missing and the tagline was in a different color than the settings (grey instead of white). I changed from static to rolling blog home page and there is still an issue. On the ‘customize’ preview for desktop and iOS there was no problem.

I am not that computer savvy and not a programmer, just a doctor. I would appreciate some help. Thank you.

The blog I need help with is optimalhumanprogram.com

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy

Hi @Doc202. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! This is a weird one for sure. I was able to duplicate the issue on my Android device. Essentially, it's tied to the menu toggle on the mobile version of the site. I was able to find the specific area within the inspector in Google Chrome (see below). I'm not sure what would do this. One thing that could do it would be if you have our Search Engine Visibility product. That can inject text into various areas of a site. It might be that it has put the text in that particular location. If you suspect that might be the case, you can reach out to our customer care team to see if our advanced support can review the Search Engine Visibility settings. Otherwise, you might need to get in touch with a website developer. I hope that helps. 

On the left is a normal Ascension theme and on the right is yours. 

weird WordPress issue.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Re: Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy

Thank you very much. I had the search engine visibility removed and the problems is solved.