cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Hosting Server Connect Timeout HTTP 504 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server

Hi

Over last few days my website has been down with this error

Error Godaddy.JPG

We talked to Godaddy support the last time but they did not seem to know what is causing it. It then fixed itself but has come back today.

The website is https://www.thegraffitiwall.com

We haven't touched the website for a while although we are planning an update soon.

We are seeing this error from multiple devices and locations.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Hosting Server Connect Timeout HTTP 504 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server

Hello @pchees and thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Are you using Cloudflare for anything on your site?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
New

Re: Hosting Server Connect Timeout HTTP 504 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server

Hi

Not cloudfare, but am using a plugin called W3 Total Cache

I disabled last night and for a while, the website was working again, but now the problem is back.

Can't figure out what else it could be.

New

Just to mention that I can login into the backend via the wordpress admin panel.

Super User I
Super User I

Hello @pchees what product are you using for hosting? 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Super User I
Super User I

@pchees,

I happen to run Chrome debugging, and it sure took a good 55.39 seconds for it to load. 

Looks like a CustomerChat plugin on the site is causing some issue(s). 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Super User III
Super User III

@pchees 

Are you using Website Security by chance? 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Hi

The product we are using is

Ultimate Linux Hosting with cPanel from Godaddy

This is one of my clients. I inherited the site from another developer and am still trying to understand everything that is well

New

Hi 

I went through all the plugins and disabled Wordfence as well as any plugins that are not used.

Still have the issue

Thanks

Super User I
Super User I

@pchees, everytime i go to your website, i never get the screenshot that you are getting. That is both my ISP and mobile device provider as well. It does load slow sometimes, but i'm not getting the screenshot like you state. 

@MrVapor, are you accessing the website fine on your end?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Super User III
Super User III

@davisdre317 

I have no issue getting to the site and GeoPeeker says it's up worldwide. It does load quite slow and is in heavy need of some WP optimizations, but it loads.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Hi

I am located in Dubai, UAE and it's not working.

The client is in the UK and can see it intermittently and it's very slow.

Are you both in the US?

I know its needs some heavy optimisation work which one of the things I wanted to work on.

I will raise again with support but if you have any other ideas then please share. 

Thanks

Super User I
Super User I

@pchees, yes we are located in the US. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @pchees. Thanks for posting. I'm not sure if this will help, but I can confirm that the error in the screenshot you shared above would only display if the site in question is using our Website Security firewall. The error could indicate an issue with the hosting itself, but it could also be due to an SSL setting misconfiguration. Specifically, there is a setting for full or partial SSL. If the site has an SSL Certificate, you would want to choose full. If it is only using the SSL provided by the firewall, then you'd want to choose partial. You may have already resolved this with support, but I wanted to clarify in case you hadn't yet. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Hi

Thanks for this. The problem is intermittent now and I have not been able to solve it.

I will chat with support again and see if it can be fixed.

Thanks