cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How can I learn WordPress Development on my own?

Hi folks,
I am a Marketer and I have started a small startup called Kashmirica. This is the website that I have created on my own: kashmirica.com/

This website is completely built on WordPress.

Now, I continuously face challenges where my website slows down, SSL falters, looks don't please me, plugins don't work fine or I need some additional functionality on my website. How can I do this and remember I have a 45 work week already. Is there a pathway to learn these things quickly? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: How can I learn WordPress Development on my own?

@MirS 

To get comfortable with WordPress generally takes about 6 months of use. To get proficient at it can take a year or two, depending on how you retain information. To become CSS coder takes a bit longer, maybe less, depending on the effort you put in to master it.

In short, there is no magic pill you can take or video series you can watch, I don't care what anyone says or claims in their Facebook or Instagram ads. It took me years to master the ins and out of all the design, marketing, branding, and PR necessary to run a good site.

Put the time in to learn it, or pay the man (or woman.) As Captain Planet said, "The choice is yours!"

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: How can I learn WordPress Development on my own?

@MirS 

To get comfortable with WordPress generally takes about 6 months of use. To get proficient at it can take a year or two, depending on how you retain information. To become CSS coder takes a bit longer, maybe less, depending on the effort you put in to master it.

In short, there is no magic pill you can take or video series you can watch, I don't care what anyone says or claims in their Facebook or Instagram ads. It took me years to master the ins and out of all the design, marketing, branding, and PR necessary to run a good site.

Put the time in to learn it, or pay the man (or woman.) As Captain Planet said, "The choice is yours!"

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post