cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How do I Improve server response time for my Managed WordPress site?

The server response time is over 3 seconds for my managed wordpress site. Is there anything that GoDaddy can do to help this so I can improve my page speed score? I would like my site to load under 2 seconds if possible. I was able to optimize everything else. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try the steps in this guide to help improve your server response time. 

https://www.seogrounds.com/how-to/improve-server-response-time-wordpress/

It should help reduce it to under 100ms. I managed to get all my pages to 50ms on average. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Not applicable

@cltalbert wrote:

The server response time is over 3 seconds for my managed wordpress site. Is there anything that GoDaddy can do to help this so I can improve my page speed score? I would like my site to load under 2 seconds if possible. I was able to optimize everything else. 

Hi,

Yes I counted around 10 seconds using the proper "1 second, 2 second... " rule (strangely it takes near enough a second to say the word 'second'). In contrast try my site: http://somezenguy.co.uk.

One of the reasons it's so fast is because it's hand coded, and much more trim than your average Wordpress site. The last Wordpress site I was asked to look at had very close to 6,000 lines of code.

So the solution is to trim down those plugins where you can.

videos can be uploaded to Youtube and a link placed on page.

Trim back what's not necessary.

Think of it like a meal with calories. The more calories you eat, the bigger and slower you get. Some plugins are resource heavy, try and find an alternative method. Your banner scrolling across? Do you need that, would not your twitter feed take less resources, and look better? Twitter even supply you with the code. Most Wordpress sites are a bit slow, yours is certainly not in the bad category. 

At least you realise that visitors get fed up of slow sites and are trying to do something about it. Many word pressers just bury the head in the sand and install another plugin hoping it will fix it.

When actually it's less plugins that are needed to speed things up.

good luck.

Thanks. Now I am getting an error and my site is completely down. 

Warning: require(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data01/12/2824412/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data01/12/2824412/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data01/12/2824412/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data01/12/2824412/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

How do I fix this?

Try the steps in this guide to help improve your server response time. 

https://www.seogrounds.com/how-to/improve-server-response-time-wordpress/

It should help reduce it to under 100ms. I managed to get all my pages to 50ms on average. 

View solution in original post

The simple answer is.. by switching to Siteground.. godaddy has been rated as 13th in the polling conducted specifically because of this reason, you should have done your research before turning to godaddy... I too suffer from this and am considering to shift my hosting to Siteground