cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How do I increase the WP Memory Limit and PHP Max Input Vars

I am using Ultimate Managed WordPress Websites, and am having difficulty increasing the WP Memory Limit and PHP Max Input Vars . How would I go about this with my hosting plan?

8 REPLIES 8
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: How do I increase the WP Memory Limit and PHP Max Input Vars

@jvitale31 you should create a file named .user.ini in your html root with:

memory_limit = 1024M
max_execution_time = 320
max_input_time = 240
post_max_size = 120M
max_input_vars = 2000
file_uploads = 6
max_file_uploads = 20
upload_max_filesize = 100M

And also, you can edit the wp config file and add:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

Thanks for your reply! I am not completely sure where I would locate the html root, unfortunately. Would you be able to help me with the steps to do this?

Thanks for your reply! I am not completely sure where I would locate the HTML root, unfortunately. Would you be able to help me with the steps to do this?

Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

@jvitale31 you just have to use a notepad app in your computer and save the file where you can see it. Then you upload it to your account, where your wp-config.php file is, using sftp.

You can find your sftp credentials in your managed wordpress panel.

My choice of preference is Filezilla, which can be found here. But you can use WinSCP which has a file editor of it's own 😉

Hope it helps!

Thanks again for the help! I have uploaded that file as of yesterday (using FileZilla), but I'm still getting the same message. If I just upload the text file to that folder (HTML), I should be good, correct?

Helper VI
Helper VI

@jvitale31 Yes, that should do it. But be sure that the file is ".user.ini" and not ".user.ini.txt"

Let me know if that solved it

I noticed it changed the max input vars right away, just checking still on the WP memory limit to go through. It looks like it may work though, maybe just a tweak if I'm not getting a calculation soon!

New

I have read the information about how to create a .user.ini file and transfer it to my managed Wordpress site using FileZilla. But where exactly on the Remote Site do I put the .user.ini file using FileZilla? I don't want to put it in the wrong place. So what is the exact location that the .user.ini file should go? Please give the complete path. Thank you!