cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

How to know if wordpress is fully installed or installed from installatron?

In the paste my wordpress was installed from installatron but now I think it is from wordpress.zip

How do I know which one? Is there an option to see what version I am using or something??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: How to know if wordpress is fully installed or installed from installatron?

@D-L-P 

I've never heard of the Installatron being different - WordPress is WordPress - it is just called one sets up the database and file structure for you - the other is a bit more manual

You should be able to use the Installatron to add a 2nd site to the server - just make sure to set the home directory for the site correctly

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@D-L-P 

When you go onto your cPanel server. In the Installatron section - if you see the site listed there then it was installed using the script.

Otherwise it was manually installed via the zip file.

When you log into the admin of WordPress - in the lower right corner it should show the version number.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted
New

What if i installed from script then after by .zip?How to know?
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@D-L-P 

I'm not sure I follow your question - Unless you were trying to upgrade your WordPress site manually by uploading the zip file which also would have required some additional moving of files.

But either way i'm not sure that it would have any affect on anything.

What are you trying to accomplish / find out?

Highlighted
New

Many people told me the script (installatron) and wordpress.zip is not the same in the back end. I'm trying to figure if my wordpress is currently from installatron or the .zip file.

There is 2 guy that worked on my site. The first one used this script install while I'm not sure if the second guy did an upgrade of the site but from the .zip.

Also I want to make a second wordpress site and while currently receiving quote... I need to know if I use installatron or .zip

Thanks,

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@D-L-P 

I've never heard of the Installatron being different - WordPress is WordPress - it is just called one sets up the database and file structure for you - the other is a bit more manual

You should be able to use the Installatron to add a 2nd site to the server - just make sure to set the home directory for the site correctly

View solution in original post