cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Broke Wordpress

Hi Everyone,

I have a big problem regarding not being able to access my wordpress site. Last night I was fiddling with the functions.php page and accedentaly added incorrectly formatted code and hit update my site is now displaying this message "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting variable (T_VARIABLE) in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data02/77/3938577/html/wp-content/themes/modis/functions.php on line 530" and i cant even access the admin area.

Hope someone has a fix for me.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I Broke Wordpress

Can you log into the File Manage? If you can, do that and rename your theme folder to "modis_old" to disable theme, so you can be able to login to the dashboard again. You can also edit the theme's functions file on the File Manager and remove the additions you made.

N.B. It is good practice to always backup files you made changes to, in case something like this happen.

i've tried accessing the File Manager and it also just kicks me out, the first thing I did was try access the File manager so that I could get my FTP credentials and solve it that way... no luck.

Does anyone know if there's maybe an easier way to get my FTP credentials without accessing the CPanel "The CPanel wont load because the site is corrupted I believe". I believe my best option is fixing the file via FTP but I've been trying to get onto the Online Chat the whole day but i believe its a public holiday so no luck, I also don't have a phone as it recently broke Smiley LOL