cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I'm getting an internal server error evertime I publish a post

I get this error, and so does anyone trying to acces my site immediatly after I publish a post. I also get a message from Godaddy that my resources have been limited. The error can last from a few seconds to a half hour or more. Any ideas? I hate loosing visitors.

Site is TeamCrypto.com if that helps.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@teamcrypto.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

1 REPLY 1
Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

Re: I'm getting an internal server error evertime I publish a post

Hello @sliktoys

Internal server errors (error 500) are often caused by plugin or theme function conflicts.
I've notice on your site a lot of plugins, maybe a bit too many. Trust me, you do not need them all.

As a personal suggestion (unrelated with your problem) I would do at least 2 quick changes:
- limit the front page to only the last 5 articles
- limit the sharing plugin under each article to the first 6 options (from facebook to skype) + the print option.

After testing your site with this tool https://tools.pingdom.com/ I've noticed that a lot of your problems are generated from the Pinterest api, so you should at least remove that sharing option.

Your error could also appear from your cache plugin (WP-Super-Cache) so I suggest to replace it with this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/

Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.