cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I

If I update to WordPress 5.0, will this version be compatible with GoDaddy's servers?

My Dashboard says there is an Update for WordPress to 5.0

If I update, will this version of WordPress be compatible with GoDaddy's servers?

I just ran into some issues with My SQL because I changed the password, and my site went down. I was receiving a page that said "Error establishing database connection" .

I had to call GoDaddy to help me with my issue. The tech support sent me instructions on how to go into my wp config and enter the correct password, which worked!

Now I am hesitant to update the WordPress to the 5.0 because I am unsure if it is compatible with GoDaddy. Does anyone know if it is safe to go ahead and update to 5.0?

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Re: WordPress Update 5.0

Hello there!

GoDaddy's platforms are fully compatible with WordPress 5.0. I've already updated several of my sites with no issue. You do want to make sure that all your plugins and themes are compatible, however, before you update. You can generally find that information within the plugin/theme creator's documentation. 

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Helper I

Re: WordPress Update 5.0

Hi there Mr. Vapor,

Thank you so much for your reply! I will go in and check to make sure my plugins are compatible too.

Many thanks!