cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II

Implementing WordPress to an existing html website

I am currently building my website with HTML, CSS, JS, and BS.  Is recommended to have WP in a website nowadays, or not??  If yes, what is the benefits of using WP??

Damo

"Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all." - John F. Kennedy

2 REPLIES 2
Employee
Employee

Re: Implementing WordPress to an existing html website

WordPress is the most popular website back-end these days. But it's popular with people that don't want to get their hands dirty hand coding everything.

The main advantages: Themes and plugins let you change the design of your site or add functionality without reworking everything. Updating content is easy since it's done in a page editor. WordPress has a large community behind it, it's easy to find help online.

The main disadvantages: It's more resource intensive, and needs caching added to handle the same amount of traffic a hand coded site can. You have to learn how to do things the WordPress way which is blogging focused, it can feel like your hands are tied if you're used to developing on your own. You have to keep it up to date, as the most popular web platform, it's also the biggest target for exploits.

Helper II

Re: Implementing WordPress to an existing html website

Wow, thank you @BenWTF, I think that I'll stick with my bootstrap.  WP seems to be a lot more risky, if it's not updated every day, and as I'll be updating my site irregularly, I think I can't have WP.  I hoping to have my site visible to the world in February, so watch this space Smiley Wink

Damo

"Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all." - John F. Kennedy