cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installatron Updating WordPress?

I just noticed that one of my client's WordPress websites on my shared hosting account automatically updated itself to WordPress 4.6. I cannot find anything in WordPress that is triggering this, so I suspect that it's GoDaddy's Installatron.

If it is, how can I turn automatic updates OFF?

8 REPLIES 8
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Installatron Updating WordPress?

Assuming you're using CPanel, once logged in, click on the "Installatron Application" button, then click the edit icon for your WordPress installation, find the "Automatic Update" section, and select the "Do not automatically update" option.  Once you have done that, it wouldn't hurt to also review the other settings in the automatic updates section, then scroll down and click the Save All button.

Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

I just noticed one of my production sites updating to 4.7 automatically. Before the staging one did. It would be ideal to manage how the autoupdate features works in Managed WordPress. Ideally I'd like the staging site to update so it can be reviewed before a production site is automatically updated. Anyone from Managed WordPress reading this? @RachelM could you ping someone in that team?

Alex Sirota, PMP - NewPath Consulting - Schedule some time with Alex
"At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Alex-NewPath, We'll have someone jump on. Thanks!

Rachel

New

Hello @Alex-NewPath and @RachelM,

This is related to your discussion.  I just noticed today that I see an error on my PRODUCTION site that says:

"An automated WordPress update has failed to complete! Please notify the site administrator."

This relates to what appears to be the 4.7.1 update.  This has *not* occurred on either my staging or production site.

How do I force the update?

I too like @Alex-NewPath think an iterative/sequenced update process, starting at the staging site would be very beneficial to all users?

"An automated WordPress update has failed to complete! Please notify the site administrator."

Same on my site as of yesterday.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Glutarama1976 and @BATS

That error is something that was triggered by WordPress core files attempting to update themselves. It doesn't reflect a failed update attempt on our behalf. However, we are currently pushing out updates to 4.7.1 on the Managed WordPress platform.  The update should be deployed to all accounts by early next week. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Some news? Info?

same problem wordpress core 4.7.1 but godaddy manager stating up to date core 4.7.2

if anyone can please please do