cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is there a way to change the background in mobile view?

I have a background image for every page of my site. In mobile view, you cannot see them clearly and it doesn't look good as a background. I want it to just be black in mobile view only. Is there a way to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is there a way to change the background in mobile view?

Hi @traceminerals. Based on your other post, I'm guessing this is for WordPress. This would usually be controlled by your site's theme. If your theme doesn't have mobile-specific options, you might be able to find a plugin that helps you add them.

Alternatively, you could try making changes to your CSS. This might also be something your theme can help with. Often, themes have an area where you can add custom CSS. Usually, to specify something in CSS only applies to a mobile site, you'd put the CSS code in a "@media only screen" statement, like this:

@media only screen 
and (max-device-width: 600px) { 
[code here] 
}

In the example above, any time the screen size goes below 600px, the site would use the CSS coding specified in the brackets. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Is there a way to change the background in mobile view?

based on @Media yes you can with background-image:;