Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Uploads to Managed WordPress using Linux

I am facing a peculiar problem with the Managed WP Hosting associated with my account on GoDaddy.  I have issues sending content to managed WP when I am using Linux desktop. I do not have these same issues when using Windows 10 on the same tasks.

I have similar issues found in this thread with respect to uploading media to Wordpress. Usually the request times out and the HTTP Error element appears when I navigate away from the page. I've attempted 2 solutions linked by that page with no success.

In addition to these problems, I can't seem to upload files via (S)FTP. The only success I've had is the .htaccess file which is less than 100 bytes and my machine can take 2 or 3 tries to upload it. Anything in the kilobytes is never successful.

The site is running GoDaddy Managed Wordpress 4.5.3 and no plugins. Again, to get anything accomplished on this site I have to use a Windows computer.

The funny thing is that I run another Wordpress (not managed) on inMotion and I have no problems using Linux to manage multiple sites. I've spoken to an engineer back in June when I first noticed this who wasn't able to replicate the problem. What do I need to try in order to determine the source of these problems? I tend to think it is GoDaddy...

1 REPLY 1
charminglygeeky
Employee

Hi @ccliteracy

There is currently an issue with Managed Wordpress intermittent connectivity issues. We have a workaround, however for some it could seem complex. I suggest reaching out to our support team and they can help you out. Here is a list of our support numbers

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support