cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Just bought a premium wordpress.com plan...

hey guys so just bought a wordpress.com premium plan so i can monitize my site, bought a pro theme '15Zine' from themeforest and thought it would be as easy as import theme... BUT Not at all, apparently i need a host and need wordpress.org to use this theme, after spending alot of money on premium and the pro theme, So it seems godaddy do wordpress hosting, is it possible to take my premium wordpress.com site to .org with go daddy hosting? (please say yes, as all i want to do is launch my blogging site) 

Thanks 

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Just bought a premium wordpress.com plan...

WordPress.com is not set-up like a traditional web host, as such they don't allow FTP access.  But, you can manually export the articles and other content then upload it to a hosting account.

Export content from WordPress.com account

https://en.support.wordpress.com/export/

Import content to a WordPress app installation (often referred to as WordPress.org)

https://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content#WordPress

New

trying to swap from wordpress.com to wordpress.org

Hi everyone, im setting up a blog on wordpress and im having quite a bit of trouble switching from .com to .org. Ill give you a run through of what ive done so far.

So i set up a generic wordpress blog with the url hippietravels.wordpress.com, then i swapped it to have a unique url of hippietravels.co.uk, and i kept getting a green screen saying "The domain hippietravels.co.uk is no longer parked by GoDaddy." I spoke to wordpress and they said it was loading fine at their end so maybe it was taking a while to load at mine. I cleared my cache like they suggested but still get the green screen.

I then decided i wanted to swap to .org so i can monetise the website, and i cant log into the admin page because all i get is this green screen. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

any help would be greatly appreciated!