cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Making a living using WordPress

Just wondering if anyone here makes a living using WordPress, from freelancing, plugins/themes sales or consultation. And if you build WP products (themes/plugins) how do you sell these? really trying to get tips to get me started.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Making a living using WordPress

It's not my main source of income but I take side jobs of installing a wordpress + customizing it to their requirements.

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

There are people that build entire companies using WordPress as a base @kaisrmaulo5, exactly like you are talking about. Within WordPress there is probably enough business to make an entire business from just one WordPress concentration. Though my entire business is not WordPress I do have aspects of WordPress in my overall business offering.

As to where you can sell your services and wares, it would depend on the product or offering. For services there are of course websites like Upwork but I'd probably have a different suggestion if you were concentrated on just selling plugins and yet another if you were just selling templates. Ultimately I'd suggest looking around and experimenting on what works best for you. There will certainly be websites you like better than others.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

I am using Wordpress on my blog but I am running it as a passive income source. I am a full-time professional making good from my job but Wordpress gives me an additional source of income.