cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Making files available for download from WordPress site

I currently have a WordPress blog about motorcycle travel and would like to make available Garmin GPS track files for download so that my readers can use the files on their Garmin devices. 

Where do I put the files?

How do I make them available?

Thanks

Yodac

3 REPLIES 3
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Making files available for download from WordPress site

Hello @Yodac!

Thank you for posting. You would upload the files to a location on your hosting plan and then you would link to them on your website using whichever type of scripting you prefer. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted

Hello Heather:

I have a question pertaining to your answer:

"You would upload the files to a location on your hosting plan and then you would link to them on your website using whichever type of scripting you prefer"

My question is concerning the "Hosting Plan"  Where is that?  I have been all over "My Hosting? on GoDaddy and can't find anywhere to load files.  I'm tryhing to do the same thing on my web site but I want to make Word Doc files avaialble for down load.  Is there any advice you can privide?  Thanks,

Dino

New

Sorry Dino but I have not made any progress on this subject, too busy with holiday's and other life distractions to work on it further.  I would think the answer lies not in WordPress but on my Godaddy site itself.  I have not addressed the how to upload files to my Godaddy site yet.  It will most likely take an FTP tool of some sort to get them up there.

Good luck and if you find the answer please share.  I won't get to this until January and earliest.

Regards

Yodac