cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Wordpress site & Content gone

Back in 2014 I purchased a domain name and started hosting using GoDaddy's Managed Wordpress.

Before that I'd been doing the directly with Wordpress thing.

I migrated over the files and everything was hunkey-dory until, I'm guessing, 6 months ago. I hadn't been actively blogging, so I didn't notice, but the address to the site was broken, and all the content is gone.

I got in touch with Wordpress and was able to restore my older, pre-2014 content, but everything with GoDaddy is just gone.

Any ideas?

www.irunonwater.com

4 REPLIES 4
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Re: Managed Wordpress site & Content gone

Hi @Tabwells,

Are you able to login to your managed WP hosting?  Even if your site does not display on your url/domain name, if your account at GoDaddy is still active it should still have the content available through your dashboard.

With the site being around 2014 vintage, many things have changed in WP and at GoDaddy so a site might not display properly even if the content is still present.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hi James @JMPepper

I'm actually referring to the site content that was specifically at the GoDaddy version of the site. The 2014 Wordpress was just chilling out, dormant. Everything I migrated to the new site and everything I wrote since the migration is gone.

I can't access the WP dashboard for the GoDaddy site at all. It just takes me to a GoDaddy placeholder ad.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @Tabwells,

If you haven't resolved your issue, will you give me the site's url?  I'll take a look at the DNS registration, etc.

Is it possible the hosting for this 1: got cancelled? 2: no dns changes were made after the migration?  It sounds like you are reaching a parked page which often indicates one of the 2 conditions above.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hi James @JMPepper

The migration was successful when I set up the site and it was successfully hosted for over a year until it just disappeared.

I tried a few things, including resetting the DNS info multiple times, before I basically gave up.

The site is www.irunonwater.com