Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
ggreyyy1
New

Migrating products from backup

Hello, I backed up my wordpress installation, and I did have a staging site from which I pulled into production site, but some of my items didn't get pull because on staging we had older image. How can I safely transfer products from my backup that I downloaded into the site?
I think it may involve getting into database ,but then I ask how to get this products. (I'm using WooCommerce)
Thanks in advance. Have a good day 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@ggreyyy1 

So there is no automated way to restore a downloaded WordPress Backup from Managed WordPress - You would need to manually re-import the database and content.

You mention WooCommerce - I would be careful with this as you can loose orders between when the backup was done and now.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User IV

@ggreyyy1 

So there is no automated way to restore a downloaded WordPress Backup from Managed WordPress - You would need to manually re-import the database and content.

You mention WooCommerce - I would be careful with this as you can loose orders between when the backup was done and now.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

@PL281 Thanks for your great answer! Can you link me webpage with steps to manually re-importing all files? Or describe - In my backup folder there are all files that wordpress on server has, but there are some additional folders like wp-content.BAK or mwp_db, I dont know what to do with them, second one looks like a folder with database but I don't know how to import ;(