cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Moving to WordPress from Website Builder

1. Current site is done through GoDaddy's Website Builder. Is it possible to leave this alone while a new site is built with GoDaddy's basic WordPress plan?

2. Can two domains point to the same WordPress site?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

Re: Moving to WordPress from Website Builder

@Sanjay2 

Short answer is YES

When you launch the WordPress site - It will give it a temp domain - once you are ready to go live you will cancel the Builder site and add the domain to the WordPress site

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Hello @Sanjay2 and welcome!

1. Yes, you can build your new WordPress website while your current website is still up and running using Managed WordPress
  2. You can indeed point two domains to one website install. The easiest way would be to forward your domain to the other. There is also a move involved way to have multiple domains on one website install but it is a bit more involved. Check out the Multiple Domain by Gustavo Straube plugin if the forwarding isn't enough for you.

I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

@Sanjay2 

Short answer is YES

When you launch the WordPress site - It will give it a temp domain - once you are ready to go live you will cancel the Builder site and add the domain to the WordPress site

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Hello @Sanjay2 and welcome!

1. Yes, you can build your new WordPress website while your current website is still up and running using Managed WordPress
  2. You can indeed point two domains to one website install. The easiest way would be to forward your domain to the other. There is also a move involved way to have multiple domains on one website install but it is a bit more involved. Check out the Multiple Domain by Gustavo Straube plugin if the forwarding isn't enough for you.

I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

Thanks to both you and PL281 for your helpful answers.