cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

My Wordpress site has been cloaked by Japanese hackers

My website still operates correctly and loads correctly and all the linked pages load correctly however

I just found out after going in to Google Console and doing a "fetch and render" for my website the Google bot finds a Japanese page instead.

I created a site map through Yoast and loaded that in Google Console and wow....there are 5000 Japanese pages listed.....I only have 4 pages on my site. (not Japanese)

Despite my site appearing to operate normally obviously there are serious problems lurking in the code. I am guessing I have to scrap the site and rebuild it?  Unfortunately I have a few hundred posts on one page....the other pages only have single posts.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My Wordpress site has been cloaked by Japanese hackers

Hi @HughB. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That definitely doesn't sound like a pleasant situation Man Sad My guess would be that your site was compromised in some way. We do have a few services that might be able to help you clean this up. The first would be our Website Security service. If removing the offending content causes problems with your site, you can also consider our WordPress Premium Support. Alternatively, if you can share more details about your site here, others may be able to offer additional suggestions on how to move forward. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.