cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My site is not showing visits all of the sudden. Please help!

I just did a big promo push and all of the sudden my website is not showing any traffic. Like 0. It was working find yesterday and has been connected to google analytics and that was working fine. Neither wordpress nor google analytics is showing any traffic. Even when I search historically where there has been traffic in the past.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: My site is not showing visits all of the sudden. Please help!

@jayrobe

Without knowing more or a URL I can only surmise -- so off the top of my head, here's what I would investigate:

=> Did you make a theme or plugin change recently that may have wiped out any existing Google Analytics code needed to track?

=> Another option is there has been a lot of chatter about significant updates recently Google  -- maybe you are on the losing end of a recent algo update.

=> You should also run a security check to make sure you weren't hacked.  If Google picked up on malware that would stop traffic as well.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Solution

Re: My site is not showing visits all of the sudden. Please help!

Thanks for replying. No, I didn't make any changes, and no it wasn't that I wasn't getting traffic.  Traffic stats completely disappeared. I downloaded a file manager, deleted Jetpack, and then it finally let me re-install. It still didn't reconnect to Wordpress.com, but eventually, I figured that out and it was rolling again. Thanks so much!