cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

My site's feed is blank

Hello,

The feed on my site suddenly stopped working and is returning a blank page. It worked on Friday, but didn't on Monday. No fundamental changes were made over the weekend, just a few posts were added. I've uninstalled and reinstalled plugins to no avail. I've removed all the posts that were made over the weekend in case one of those was causing the issue....still no feed.  The feed does work in a staging/testing environment however. 

My feed URL is  http://butlerradio.com/feed

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: My site's feed is blank

@BRN 

First thing to do is eliminate the possibility of a conflict.  You can do that by logging in via FTP and renaming your plugin directory (plugins to plugins-off).   If that resolves the issue you know you have a plugin that is causing a conflict.   Reactivate one by one until the problem occurs to discover your bad actor.

While you are at it, make sure that all your plugins are tested and compatible up to 5.1.1 too.

If the issue persists, it could be your theme, try switching to the default Twenty Nineteen theme to see if that resolves the issue.  If it does, it is an issue with your theme.

Whenever WordPress does not behave as it should, and no code has been modified, a conflict is usually the culprit.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius
New

@Muse 

Thank you, yes I De-and Re- activated all plugins to no avail. The theme doesn't appear to be the issue either. What confuses me is that in the staging environment it works fine...making it difficult to troubleshoot.

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

@BRN 

Hmmm... the next step would be to enable WP_DEBUG and see if the serves up any clues. Smiley Wink

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius