cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

New GoDaddy Wordpress w/ existing WordPress

Hello,

I have been using WordPress for a couple of blogs over the years. Recently, I went through GoDaddy to create a new website with WordPress shell. However, I can't seem to get the JetPack analytics to work. It says the directory already exists (because I run it on WordPress.com). Anyone have any idea how to combine my GoDaddy WordPress site with my existing ones?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: New GoDaddy Wordpress w/ existing WordPress

If you are looking to bring just the historical data from your old WordPress.com to your GoDaddy WordPress installation I would say the best thing to do is use the standard WordPress Import/Export tool to get the data from one to another @kheydt. It kind of seems like you may not want to kill your other blogs and combine them though?

I have now idea about Jetpack or why your GoDaddy WordPress would even know about your other WordPress blog? Am I looking at this wrong?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New

It seems that JetPack works only with WordPress under @kheydt will not with my GoDaddy WordPress. When I attempt to install the Plugin it informs me that the directory already exists. Seems I may have to either use a different computer for the GoDaddy JetPack, or use Google analytics. Thanks for responding. 

Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Sounds like it is already installed @kheydt?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New

So it seems. But it isn't in the WordPress when I log into my GoDaddy account. Shows up nicely when I'm logged in under my other account. Go figure. 

And I'm still trying to figure out why on some computers a picture I post is sideways, while on mobile devices (and some desktops) it is correct... I'm ready to give up...