cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

No input file specified WordPress Migration

I had built my new WordPress website with another domain and hosting plan via HostGator. I purchased a WordPress hosting plan on here with GoDaddy last week, and after doing so and migrating the site, I now for some reason can only see the home page of my site. Any other pages that are selected on the menu present an error message "No input file specified." and you can not view any of the other pages. I still have the site up on the other domain hosted with HostGator, and it's working perfectly fine, just isn't working with GoDaddy for some reason? 

I need to know how I can fix this ASAP please, thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: No input file specified WordPress Migration

@BathBevy how did you perform the migration?

Can you post a link to your working WP install and a link to the GD WP install?

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo Smiley Happy
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution Smiley Very Happy

I'm sure you've already fixed but I couldn't find a fix online.  So, I figured I'd respond.  

I was able to fix this by going to Settings > Permalinks and changing the radio button to Post Name.  

In my migrated site that is how I had it set and that setting didn't come over.  After changing this and saving the setting all of my pages worked as they should.

Thank you @stokesiii !

Settings > Permalinks and changing the radio button to Post Name worked for me!

Currently the radio button is set to post name. What should I use it work? Thank you. 

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@JamesBond1 

Updating your permalinks is rather easy and correct a lot of issues, like this one. Here's a link on how to do this. Easy peasy. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community