cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 120 New Registrations, But ...

I recently sent out a post over LinkedIn and Facebook about my new sites, CoachForYourSuccess.com and 5-MinuteCalls.com.  Because of the posts, new subscribers were expected.  I managed to set up what I thought was a pretty good landing page on 5-MinuteCalls.com, so that we can establish how we can help people who come to the site.  I wasn't so successful with a landing page for CoachForYourSuccess.com.

The landing page for 5-MinuteCalls required information be submitted.  But the 120+ submissions, which continue to come in are all under CoachForYourSuccess and not 5-MinuteCalls.  My test submissions are the only ones that have come in via the 5-MinuteCalls landing page.  Additionally, the only information I can see on the subscribers is Username and Email address.  I don't recall asking for a username.  How can I be sure of how/where people are signing up?   And how can I electronically add them to an email distribution list?

Thank you for your help.

Mike Harris

Encourager to the Masses

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Over 120 New Registrations, But ...

Hey, Mike:

Without seeing how the backend(s) is setup I can only surmise...  Not sure why you have two separate sites -- sorta confusing.

=> I can see CoachForYourSuccess uses the GoDaddy Marketing Forms which I've never used.  So all I could recommend is that you review the help section for that product.

=> Username/email address sounds like WordPress site registrations -- not form submissions.

=> 5-MinuteCalls looks to be using Ninja Forms.  Are you sending form submisssions from that site to the CoachingForYourSuccess email address?  I don't see the 5MC form on the CFYS site.   You can see if there were any submissions on 5MC by going to Forms > Submissions on that site.

=> In Ninja Forms you can designate what information is shown in the email notification you receive.  Look in the Notifications area of your plugin.  Forms > Under Form Name: Edit > Email & Actions Tab -- this is where you can designate what shows in your email notifications.

=>  As far as adding to a list, again depending on who you use, you should be able to integrate their API or plugin to add folks automatically.  Look to see if your newsletter provider offers a WordPress integration plugin.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Muse,

Thank you for your input.  The reason for having two sites is because CoachForYourSuccess.com is my company's Life Coaching-focused site.  5-MinuteCalls.com is dedicated to our flagship program, where we offer weekly calls that are short, sweet and to the point.  I will wait until those two sites are fairly solid before I convert the main company website, SucceedInLife.com.  I haven't been able to update that one for close to a year, thanks to changes at GoDaddy, and it is dreadfully out of date.

To answer your question, I planned to forward responses from the 5-MinuteCalls.com landing page to one of my SucceedInLife.com email addresses.  But when I actually filled out the landing page entry for myself, it did show up on the 5-MinuteCalls.com dashboard.  I do have one other subscriber there, but as with CoachForYourSuccess.com, it shows only email address and user name.

When I can afford it, I will pay someone to maintain the websites.  But for now the money just is not there.  So I am being a living, breathing example for entrepreneurs to follow, showing that we can get things done and start generating income under less than perfect conditions.  Are you interested in webmastering for delayed gratification, including company stock?  I am converting the LLC to C Corp. when the money starts coming in. 

I would like all of the info to be included in the emails when the Ninja form is submitted. 

By the way, we are now up to 193 subscribers and I will soon send out another post along with an email blast to the current subscribers.   I will also get more use out of our YouTube channel.  I surely hope I figure out these WordPress websites  soon.

Again, thank you very much for your input, Muse.

Yours in Other People's Success,

Mike Harris

Encourager to the Masses

Muse,

I meant to add that GoDaddy's Tech Support does not actually support WordPress products.  So, thanks, again, for hanging out here and helping me out. 

Mike

Encourager to the Masses

<use,

You said,

=> Username/email address sounds like WordPress site registrations -- not form submissions.

Does that mean those visitors came to my site through a Wordpress login?  I don't understand the connection.  Sorry for my ignorance.

Thank you for your patience and help!

Mike

Encourager to the Masses

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hey, Mike:

Okay -- I'm confused so let's go a step at a time...

1. If folks fill out the landing page on the 5MC site that uses Ninja forms do you get that output?  If not, did you login to 5MC to see if there are any submissions and to make the tweaks so that you get the submission output sent to you by email?  I just filled out the 5MC form and received a success message "Your form has been successfully submitted."  Confirm your receipt, okay? If you do a test and do get the submission email then everything is working fine.
  2. If you are only getting username/email submissions that is probably folks just registering on your WordPress site CFYS -- which doesn't have that landing page form I saw on 5MC.
  3. Three sites where you don't know what is going where with three different domains doesn't lend to strong branding, ease of use or ability to keep current.  It's like you are creating more unnecessary work for yourself..  I would use the primary brand domain, have landing pages on that same site and then just forward other domains to those specific pages. 

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt