cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Plugins are not appearing in the plugins section

I have a two plugins uploaded to the wp-content/plugins folder of my WP website. However these plugins do no appear in the Plugins section of the back end. They are not on Godaddy's blacklisted plugin list. Anyone know why the plugins are not showing up in the back end?

Strangely enough, I have MainWP installed and from my MainWP Dashboard I can see these two plugins, even update them remotely. But they don't appear in the back end at all.

5 REPLIES 5
Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI

Re: Plugins are not appearing in the plugins section

1. What are the 2 plug-ins? Might help to know that in case anyone else has had problems with specific plug-ins.

2. Why did you not upload the plug-ins using the regular plug-in upload available in WordPress?

3. Is this the first time you have uploaded plug-ins via FTP? If you did others previously, did they work?

4. It occurs to me that if this IS the first time... did you upload the zip file, or did you unzip it first? It needs to be unzipped and you upload the folder. 

New
Solution

Thanks for replying but I got it figured out.

The website was migrated from a local environment. The plugins were already installed and working correctly on the local environment. After migration, MainWP was installed and since those plugins showed up in MainWP, I wasn't aware of the issue until recently because of a different plugin conflict.

However, I just ended up deleting those plugins via FTP and re-uploading them via FTP and that seems to have fixed everything. I'm guessing something got screwed up when those plugins were being updated remotely with MainWP and they never fully updated leaving them as incomplete plugins, and probably why they were not appearing in the back end.

I have a similar problem with WP Statistics, went to update plugin and plugin has disappeared. Cant even find it in editor, try to reinstall plugin but says;

Installation failed: Destination folder already exists. 

Having the same issue. I updated a plugin from the GoDaddy dashboard for managed WordPress and now the plugin is completely missing from wp-admin plugin listings.

When I tried to reinstall I got this message:
Installation failed: Destination folder already exists.

Anyone know what's going on?

You may have partially uploaded folder there. browse through FTP and delete the folder having same name.