cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Primer Footer

Just launched our new website in the GoDaddy Primer theme. I need to put service terms and conditions and website terms of use links in the footer, preferably on the same text line as the copyright reference. I can access that copyright text thru the Appearance>Header, but I can't add any links to that text using the PageBuilder plugin. If I go around the PageBuilder and edit the text, the rest of my formatting is completely messed up. Seems like such a simple thing, is there a simple solution? TIA.

tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@tdriscoll  In WordPress the footer info is generally located in the footer.php file.  Appearance > Themes > Editor.  You should be able to change and add the links you desire.

IMPORTANT: Never make changes within the theme editor in your WordPress dashboard.  Those changes are permanent and live once you click save.  Instead, copy and paste the footer.php file contents into notepad or your off-line editor and SAVE.   You now have an original to revert back to if needed.

Make your changes then copy and paste the modified code back into the editor and check your site.

Before making any changes to PHP files, always be sure to make a backup copy off-side so that if you do not like the outcome you can reinstate the orginal code.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@tdriscoll  In WordPress the footer info is generally located in the footer.php file.  Appearance > Themes > Editor.  You should be able to change and add the links you desire.

IMPORTANT: Never make changes within the theme editor in your WordPress dashboard.  Those changes are permanent and live once you click save.  Instead, copy and paste the footer.php file contents into notepad or your off-line editor and SAVE.   You now have an original to revert back to if needed.

Make your changes then copy and paste the modified code back into the editor and check your site.

Before making any changes to PHP files, always be sure to make a backup copy off-side so that if you do not like the outcome you can reinstate the orginal code.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

View solution in original post