cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Pull production to staging without overwriting content - does not copy accross new users

I want to pull production to staging so I can keep any newly registered users during development time. If I choose "overwrite content" I loose the new users.

Is this plugin the best solution https://wordpress.org/plugins/users-customers-import-export-for-wp-woocommerce/?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Advocate VII

Hi @madebyflawless ,

I'm sure that there is a way to fully an safely synchronize information between your two sources. Until you find that out here is a work around that will also provide you a mechanism for backup in case something happened to your registered users. Export your new registrants to a CSV file. I use WP-export and it has the capability to schedule an automated export of your registrants . As you develop your staging site you can import your new users into the side as you need them.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Advocate VII

Hi @madebyflawless ,

I'm sure that there is a way to fully an safely synchronize information between your two sources. Until you find that out here is a work around that will also provide you a mechanism for backup in case something happened to your registered users. Export your new registrants to a CSV file. I use WP-export and it has the capability to schedule an automated export of your registrants . As you develop your staging site you can import your new users into the side as you need them.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post